Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 6 EOC: How Art Has Changed Me

I believe I was born with art in my soul. My whole life my heart has moved towards art. My mother tells me I was the one who got her to listen to classical music when I was young. Makes sense to me, since I've always had a love for music, which has turned into a deep passion in my life. Music is my favorite form of art. I even love it more than photography. Other than listening to the classical music albums I would get my parents to buy, I would enjoy playing with a piano I received from one of my mom's friends. I still remember the first song I taught myself on the piano: Symphony No. 9 "Ode to Joy" by Ludwig van Beethoven. I'm specially proud of this achievement because I learned the song by ear. I later went on to learn how to play it on the trumpet as well, since I was a trumpet player for three years in middle school. 7th grade was when I began getting into music other than classical, mainly Green Day, My Chemical Romance, and The Killers. And finally when I was in the 8th grade, I went to my very first concert on December 8, 2006. The "Nothing Rhymes With Circus" tour by local band, Panic! At the Disco who to this day remain one of my favorite bands. Since then, I have attended many numerous concerts; I've lost count! But it was around the age of 16 when I decided that I wanted to become a musician. I love travel, and I love music. I can not think of anything more perfect that I can do with my life. But also when I was young, I was told I was good with photography, I explored the photography world, became involved in it, and decided I wanted it to be more than a hobby. That's why I am now going to the Art Institute to learn how to become a professional photographer. Art makes my life joyful in many other ways, like cooking, but I've chosen to make photography my career because that will help me earn money, while enjoying the work that I do, and I can eventually use the money I make from my photographs to also start a music career and live my dream of being a successful artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment